Ilchester® Vegan Melting Mature Wellingtons
prep: 40 mins cook: 20-25 mins
- 1kg block of shortcrust pastry
- 320g shortcrust pastry roll
- 500g roll of Macsween vegetarian haggis
- 2 packets pre cooked puy lentils
- 200g chopped sundried tomatoes
- 150g Ilchester® Vegan Melting Mature Grated
How to make
Pre heat the oven to 180c. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix the haggis, lentils, chopped tomatoes and grated Ilchester® Melting Mature in a large bowl. Break up the chunks of haggis and stir well with the rest of the ingredients, place the bowl to one side.
- Lightly flour your surface and using a sharp knife cut the block of pasty in half. Roll one half of the pastry to a rectangular shape around 30cm x 20cm and 1cm thick.
- Take the half the filling mixture and build a wellington boot shape in the centre of the pastry. Using your hands make sure the filling mixture is compact and holds its shape.
- First fold the outside of the pastry to overlap in the middle, squeezing the edges together to seal if necessary. Then tuck the ends in and flip the wellington over to conceal the edges.
- Unroll the pastry roll and cut into 1cm strips. Brush the boot with plant milk and then start building a pattern with the strips. First place the strips in one direction and then overlap facing the other way.
- Cup a thicker piece of pastry and position at the top of the boot.
- Brush all the pastry with plant milk, this will help give it a lovely brown colour.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture and pastry to build a second wellington.
- Place both wellingtons on the lined baking tray and bake in the centre of the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove, allow to cool slightly and enjoy!