Mexicana® Cheese and Onion Pasties
makes 4 large pasties
prep: 25 mins cook: 40-45 mins
- 500g packet puff pastry
- 1 medium potato (weighing about 150g), peeled and
- diced finely
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 120g Mexicana®, grated
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt and pepper
How to make
- Remove the pastry from the fridge, set aside.
- Prepare the vegetables. In a bowl combine the diced potato, chopped onion, Mexicana® and spring onion, season well.
- Divide the pastry into four and roll each piece into a round. Use a saucer or small plate to cut into circles about 16-17cm in diameter. Put a quarter of the cheese mixture on each one, dampen the edge with a little of the egg, then fold over and crimp the edges.
- Lay the pasties on a lined baking sheet and brush them with beaten egg. Chill in the fridge while you preheat the oven to 220°C / 200°C fan / gas mark 7
- Bake the pasties for 40-45 minutes until golden brown.