Applewood® vegetable bites
prep: 35 mins cook: 15 mins
- 1 packet of ready-rolled puff pastry, at room temperature for 20 minutes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ small courgette, chopped
- 6 chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 100g Applewood cheese, grated
- Fresh or dried basil & thyme
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt & pepper
How to make
- Preheat oven to 200oC / 180oC Fan / Gas 6
- 2. Unroll the pastry and cut out circles to sit comfortably in your muffin tins. Line the muffin tins with the pastry circles and bake blind for 5 minutes.
- Sauté the onion, courgette and mushrooms until softened.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl before adding the egg, herbs and grated Applewood®. Season to taste. Mix the filling well and spoon into the part-baked pastry cases.
- Return to the oven and bake for 15 minutes until golden.Cool before removing from the muffin tin.
Great for picnic, snack or even as a healthy lunch box addition for the kids.